cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Local webex recording was interrupted, and left a file with extension .webex How can open it?

c.zuso89
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I was recording a webex session in my laptop and I ran out of battery so my computer turned off and the recording was interrupted. Now I have a file with .webex extension. I was not succeed in opening it with .WRF or .ARF recorder. Any idea to open this file?? I tried to open it changing it extension but I've got a format error .

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The recording was in pause, I suppose nothing to do

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
if the recording was not stopped, what you have is a temporary file container and cannot be used. If you ever seen a file download incomplete, you would see sometimes its <filename>.download. These placeholder files cannot be opened or recovered.

The recording was in pause, I suppose nothing to do

Try this:

I made Webex believe I just registered the file to convert.

I made a new one minute recording, gave it a very simple name: "1" and had it saved in the same place where there was the file to convert (when Webex asks where to save the file)..
Without closing webex, I deleted the registration I just made. I renamed the file to convert: "1".
I closed Webex and the conversion started.
Of course the conversion is not immediate, it depends on the length of the file.

Paola