cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mac OS X Client Date?

Samuel Womack
Level 5
Level 5

Is there an anticipated date for a WebEx Connect Client for Mac OS users besides the Web Interfaces?  I would love to start video etc etc without having to Run VMware/Parallels (iChat to normal Connect Client doesn establish video)...

54 Replies 54

Kenneth,

I have seen the new client and I was totally impressed, as I know you will be as well. I cannot go into any details but it's a LOT more than just a MAC client. Anyway Cisco has told me Beta in April May. I hope it's sooner.

Cheers,

Bob

Thanks Bob!

Cisco just announced the Cisco Jabber client for MAC. I assume this is the first of the unified clients to come out, and I hope this will be the client for Webex Connect as well.

Any Cisco Webex folks here care to comment?

Thanks,

Bob James

This is the new unified client combining CUPC and Connect so that it can work either off or on prem. So this merges CUPC and Connect

Srini

And more, but that's not been announced yet....

Now where can I download it?

Hi Bob,

Looks like Mark answered your question in the other thread, but I'll re-post it here for other people's reference:

Cisco Jabber for Android and for Nokia will both be available in April,  and Jabber for Mac will be available during the first half of this  calendar year. We'll make announcements as the specific Jabber apps are  available for download on cisco.com and various app stores.

So nothing to download just yet and as Srini mentioned, Cisco Jabber really brings together CUPC/WebEx Connect into one UC client experience available on Mac, PC, and mobile devices - on-premises or on-demand.  The Mac client will be the first Cisco Jabber desktop client we release.

Thanks Zoltan,

One further question is it still slated until CME 8.6 that the Jabber clients will be supported on the likes of the UC5xx products?

Bob

Any update on the Mac client ship date?

Sorry I have no visibility into this topic.

You may want to contact Webex directly.

Ken

We have just entered partner beta and are moving towards a customer ship date at the end of this July...so a about a month and a half away from release.

So it's August 1 now.  Where can we download the Max OS X Client?

Hi Folks, the Mac client has slipped out a bit - I'll provide an update as soon as we have a more concrete target date.

Hi cisco! I am desparate to get the MAC Client, is there any update on this??

Thank you

Just a bump, hoping for a response here...

It's still in Beta tests. The scheduled Beta completion is Sept 22, after that I'm not sure on relasse timing.

It may come sooner.

Hope that helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: