cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mac OS X Client Date?

Samuel Womack
Level 5
Level 5

Is there an anticipated date for a WebEx Connect Client for Mac OS users besides the Web Interfaces?  I would love to start video etc etc without having to Run VMware/Parallels (iChat to normal Connect Client doesn establish video)...

54 Replies 54

Is there room to get the beta version and be included in testing? I am a close Cisco partner (ATP) and would be very interested in this.

dbrittin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Beta registration is closed, but I'm following up with the product manager to get approval.  She's out today, so I should know on Tuesday.  I'll follow up via email.

Denise

I'd be happy/willing/eager to participate in the beta as well.

Hi,

I want to make sure there's no confusion about what's in Beta right now.  The Cisco Jabber for Mac application is currently in Beta through the Cisco Collaboration User Group, not the WebEx Connect application.  You can learn about the user group and join from the main page of the Collaboration community.  The user group is open to Cisco customers and partners.

Once you're a user group member, you can learn more about the Beta in the Private Collaboration User Group community.

Thanks,

Denise

Denise, How do I join the group? I sent an e-mail to Rena, maybe not correct approach?

dbrittin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Art!  Look under Beta Test Opportunities in the Private Collaboration User Group community.

Thanks, I got it.

Site navigation is kind of clunky. Can’t you do this on Facebook? Ha!

~Art

Will there be a Connect client, or is the Jabber client the way forward?

How about p2p video for WebEx Connect installations?

Jabber is the new connect client and can run hosted and on prem

P2p video is on the roadmap for jabber. UC video is slated for the more immediate future

More details here

https://communities.cisco.com/message/72207#72207

Thanks

Srini

Hmm, OK.  Without the p2p video, I'm not sure of the advantage over a third party XMPP client.  The one-click meeting is nice and all, but not exactly a difficult thing to implement into something like Adium.

My experience is SSO is not in Adium and Adium has issues with proxy traversal occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Folks,

I'm happy to announce that Cisco Jabber for Mac is now availble for customers.

WebEx Connect customers will be able to use the service on Macs for the first time, while Cisco Unified Personal Communicator Mac users will find a tremendously enhanced client built and designed specifically for the Mac.

Please visit the Cisco Jabber for Mac page on Cisco.com for more details.

+1 on it being August and no Mac client.

thawkins
Level 1
Level 1

Any update on this?

We'll be launching the browser-based IM client about a month from now - it'll be supported in Firefox 3.0 or 3.5 and Safari 4.0.  A rich client for Mac is still on target to be delivered before the end of the calendar year.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: