cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mac Webex Meetings 39.5.6.11 Disk/CPU usage

jykoh
Level 1
Level 1

So we upgraded our Webex site last week or so, and the 39.5.6.11 version of the Mac Webex Meetings desktop application is exhibiting strange behavior.  Specifically, if MS Outlook is not running, the background WebExPluginAgent process consumes 10-15% CPU and begins constantly reading data off the SSD/disk to the tune of 5-10 MBps (megabytes per second).  Once you launch Outlook, then this activity ceases.  

Anyone else seeing this on this version or any others?  I opened TAC case 687124578 if anyone else wants to link to that.

-Julian

2 Replies 2

ThPreSA11
Level 1
Level 1

After noticing the process WebExPluginAgent having read 34GB of data on my Mac's storage and over 27 hours of CPU time since the last restart (3 days ago) I did a search and finding this... what the heck is this thing doing in the background?

What became of your TAC case? 

Whoops, sorry to follow up here with details.  The issue was an internal bug in the Webex Meetings client.  Bug ID is WEBEX-50586.  It was fixed in version 39.6.4.3, which we installed during the week of August 1.  Since then we've gotten another client update to 39.6.5.10, and it also is behaving fine.