Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MacOS Mute/Unmute Keyboard Shortcut for Cisco Webex Meetings

According to the Keyboard Shortcuts for Cisco Webex Meetings documentation, MacOS should have the following keyboard shortcut:

Command + Shift + M

Mute or unmute the selected user

This shortcut mutes the user, but does not unmute the user.

The Cisco Webex Meetings > Participant menu shows Mute with a keyboard shortcut, but the Unmute does not have a keyboard shortcut.  Is there something I can do in order to enable the shortcut?

2 Replies 2

FYI, for now I discovered a workaround by adding a custom keyboard shortcut through MacOS System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts.

I then added the Cisco WebEx Meeting Center.app to the list with the menu item Unmute and the shortcut Command + Shift + M.  This then enables the keyboard shortcut to toggle the mute/unmute of a selected user.

I don’t know how long this workaround will work as it was tricky to find the location of /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/WebEx Folder/T33_UMC_33.3.8.7/Cisco WebEx Meeting Center.app and I'm assuming on the next update, this shortcut will break as it will then be a different application.  So, still hoping for a more permanent solution.

I suggest opening a support case on this to report the issue. It’s a defect if clearly documented but not working.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: