cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Make Presence Integration Optional?

mschmidtwest
Level 1
Level 1

Referencing the thread at Cisco Jabber phone only mode breaks outlook presence (https://communities.cisco.com/message/138454#138454) is it possible just to make presence integration optionally set by users via File > Options... > Integration?  We have some customers that want to use Jabber as a softphone but Lync for IM/P.  Right now Jabber always reverts the registry setting to Jabber instead of Lync and then Outlook presence is busted.

6 Replies 6

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes you can disable Presence light up with Jabber and use it in phone mode with Lync using a boot strap file. It was introduced in some 9.2 update

Thanks!  Is that the CLICK2X=DISABLE switch referenced above?  I guess I'm just wondering why not enable users to set the integration options if it's not set as part of the installer?

Thanks again.

I tried the command line install with this switch, but Jabber always wants to modify HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IM Providers DefaultIMApp setting to itself ("Cisco Jabber").  I can try to reset it to "Lync" but Jabber insists on resetting it every time it launches.  And, as such, breaks Outlook's presence integration with Lync as well as presence integration with Jabber.  I'm left with zero presence info inside Outlook.

Perhaps this feature isn't yet baked in 10.5?  I haven't tried it yet in 9.7 but will.

Any other ideas are most welcome.

Tested on 9.7.4 and I get the same issue.  Jabber always wants to be the Default IM provider even if I use CLICK2X=DISABLE in the installation.

Marcus

A couple of places to post your PRT. This is an invite only space. Or support forums since it focuses on troubleshooting

Jabber Clients | Cisco Support Community

Cisco Jabber for Windows Early Adopter Trial

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: