cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU 5310 - Single number for Chair & Guest

rajesh.kumar
Level 4
Level 4

We have MCU 5310 version 4.4(3.67) and registered with CUCM as SIP trunk.

Conference is working fine with both auto attendant and Static/permanent conference.

Issue is: we have created permanent conference with number ID 3333 with PIN ex.1234. also Guest numeric ID also same 3333 without PIN.

Our requirement is, if any user dial 3333 it should announce similar like "if you are chair person then enter PIN, otherwise stay on line", once char person join meeting, then guest can see video conference.

How do I achieve this? we don't want to keep difference numeric ID for Chair and Guest. we want to keep same Number ID for Chair and Guest.

Secondly, is it possible to change logo for Permanent conference? at present option is only for Auto Attendant.

Thirdly - When three normal IP Phones join permanent conference, port utilization shows video port. I believe, if IP phone join to any ongoing audio or video confierence, it should utilize license from audio port. But Cisco 7942 IP Phone conference call is also consuming one video port license. 

Pls. suggest

Rgds

Rajesh Kumar

4 Replies 4

rajesh.kumar
Level 4
Level 4

Any update ?

I think, there is less experts on support community on video subjects.

Most of the time we don't get any feedback or poor feedback on video subject.

Rgds

Rajesh

Part of the problem with the lack of feedback is that you have posted in the "Conferencing" part of the forums which is more about Cisco WebEX and MeetingPlace - the MCUs are more actively discussed in the "TelePresence" section.

I'd suggest you move your post over there to get better visibility by people who know more about such things.

There's a user guide for the MCU (Cisco TelePresence MCU 5300 Series Tutorial) which may help explain some of the available options.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks, I will post it in "Telepresence"