cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meeting Place 8.6 - meeting name announcement

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4

Is it possible to play the name of the meeting when joining for a continuous meeting created with Conference Manager in a Audio only deployment?

It is possible to play the meeting id but this is not what I want.

If you look in the MP_UsEnglishPromptScript.xls file there is an entry named: sRECORDMTGNAME

"Participants will hear a meeting NAME when they attend the meeting.  At the tone, speak the NAME for your meeting.  When finished, press the # key."

So I suppose there must be a way to record a meeting name.

rgds, Geert.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Geert,

I had some time to test this feature in the lab. Even if Recording privilege was assigned to a user profile, you will still have to ensure that the Phone Conference Menu settings are allowing recordings.

Please, go to MeetingPlace Administration > System Configuration > Usage Configuration > Phone Conference Menu section > and make sure that "Disable recording" is set to NO.

Let me know if that resolves the issue. 

-Dejan

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Geert,

For continuous meetings you can record the meeting message using TUI:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace/8_5/english/books/admin_doc_compilation/mp85_admin_documentation/outdial_config.html

To record a meeting message, perform the following steps:

a. Call in to your meeting.
b. Join the meeting. 
c. Enter #641 on your phone to record a meeting message.
d. Hang up your phone.

You can use meeting message as the meeting name to be played to everyone joining the meeting.

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

Hello Dejan,

The option #641 is not accepted by the MP TUI.
Note this is a Audio only deployment with EMS - there's no MP Webserver (and no recording).

I tried to set the MP to Fast Blast Outdial but this option is greyed out in the Meeting Configuration...

Not sure how to access this setting. Maintenance mode does not help and neither to delete all scheduled meetings. Do I need to delete all User profiles except admin?

rgds, Geert.

Hi Geert,

TUI menu should be available to all end users. Keep in mind that #641 option is available once you are in the meeting (In session option). So you would need to dial in, join the meeting as a host, and then use this option. Not everyone can record meeting message. Only the host can. And in order to do this, you need to be authenticated with your Profile # and PIN before joining the meeting. 

As for Dial-out on first join for continuous meetings, this is configured in Conference Manager > Advanced Options when scheduling a meeting.

As for Fast Blast Outdial feature, this feature can be enabled, but then your system is becoming fully dedicated to Fast Blast Outdial and cannot be used for other scheduled meetings:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace/8_6/english/admin_guide/mp86_admin_documentation/outdial_config.html#wp1089552

If you have EMS, you should be able to do this and this shouldn't be grayed out. I would need to check your configuration to see what might be check for this to be grayed out. 

-Dejan

We have first accessed with the user profile and pin who created the conference. Once in the meeting we can enter TUI commands but as soon as I enter #6 the attendant responds "That feature is not available".

I've tested for both continuous and scheduled meetings.

Any idea how recorded sessions can be retrieved?

rgds, Geert.

ps. The MP is configured with secure conferencing with SIP TLS.

Hi Geert,

Keep in mind that the user profile must have a privilege in his/her profile to Record meetings.  http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace/8_6/english/quickstart_guides/qsphonemp86.html#wp1069103

As for Fast Blast Dial, it is available only on a UCS platform, so that might be a reason why it is grayed out on your system. Do you use MCS or UCS servers?

I don't believe TLS would make a difference for Fast Blast Dial feature.

-Dejan

Hello Dejan,

We have given the user Record privs but this does not help.

BTW I could not find in the doc how a recording can be retrieved. Probaly alos via the phone TUI?

I have deployed the MP on a dedicated UCS.

No need to deploy the MP Webserver I suppose? Ihave only deployed the Application server in Audio Only mode.

Maybe I should open a TAC case for this?

rgds, Geert.

Hi Geert,

When you say this doesn't help, you mean even after assigning recording privilege to a user and they join the meeting as a host they are not able to record the message? This would need a TAC ticket to review.

As for retrieving recordings, it is a requirement to deploy MP Web server. Recordings cannot be accessed via TUI. Keep in mind that MP Web server must be deployed on a dedicated host and cannot co-reside with MP Application server.

-Dejan

SR 630804071 opened for the #6 problem.

Hi Geert,

I had some time to test this feature in the lab. Even if Recording privilege was assigned to a user profile, you will still have to ensure that the Phone Conference Menu settings are allowing recordings.

Please, go to MeetingPlace Administration > System Configuration > Usage Configuration > Phone Conference Menu section > and make sure that "Disable recording" is set to NO.

Let me know if that resolves the issue. 

-Dejan

Hello Dejan,

This did the trick.

The recording options #6 is now available after altering this setting.

Maybe the doc should be updated.

rgds, Geert.

Hi Geert,

I will submit a doc enhancement request. Thank you for verifying it.

Kind regards,

-Dejan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: