cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace 8.5 - Secondary IP Address?

kdotten36
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a way to configure a second IP Address for MeetingPlace Application Server 8.5?  I can get as far as configuring ethernet parameters for Port 1 (eth0) via CLI, and when I display the configuration it shows that Port 2 is not configured, but there's no option to configure Port 2.  Choosing "configure ethernet" only offers options to reconfigure port 1.

The scenario is that we have a remote office with workstations that are not able to communicate directly with the VLAN MeetingPlace belongs to, so the MeetingPlace Add-in for Outlook does not work for them.  I'd like to give it another IP Address by any method so that they can talk to it by hostname.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hari Haran S M
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure whether the information is still required. Configuring secondary IP address is not supported. The port 2 is used by the meetingplace while running in failover deployment.

Regards,

Hari

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Thank you for the response, but your link is for the MP web server, which has a Windows OS, so that's a simple process.

I need to make this change for the Application Server, which is Linux based, so it would be a CLI procedure.

Hello,

I see here two option to resolve this:

No.1 Would be that your rempote clients need to use VPN client to connect to same VLAN used by MP.

No.2 Some sort of IPSec tunnel which would allow all remote users to belong to the same lan.

MeetingPlace isnt configurable in that way unfortunetly.If you need further guidence feel free to reach out to us.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Srdjan Ciric

Hari Haran S M
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure whether the information is still required. Configuring secondary IP address is not supported. The port 2 is used by the meetingplace while running in failover deployment.

Regards,

Hari

Just to close out this thread, TAC confirmed that it is not supported.  We ended up just adding a second NIC to the terminal servers at the remote site so they could access that VLAN.

Thanks for the looks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: