cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetMe Conferencing

Miguel Mejia
Level 1
Level 1

So, what's happening to MeetMe in CUCM? I see a big push for Webex to everything from ad hoc to scheduled. What would be the cost effective, i.e. free, replacement for Meet Me?

7 Replies 7

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not sure I follow, meet-me is still alive and well and there are more enhancements coming in next version which can't be put on a public forum

Meet-me is not meant as a replacement to WebEx and hence based on the customer use case you have multiple choices

Hi Srinivasan,

Thanks for the reply.

I admit my post was hastily written and missed some detail.

With the push to use Jabber for Windows and replace CIPC we are worried that Meet-Me will go the way of the Dodo as Jabber doesn't have a way- that I was able to find- to initiate a meet me conference number. When put together with the other push to make Webex the conferencing go to application-and the strictly Webex conferencing options in the Jabber design guide- we're projecting, with trepidation, that Meet me will go away at some point. Are these concerns ill founded?

Thanks again,

Miguel

You are correct that Jabber doesn't have a meet-me button, something I have pushed for the past year along side park for the desktop clients. Meet-me is still alive and well even with the next version and while I cannot speak for Cisco I don't think it is going away

In fact as I said it will only get better with version 11. I cannot post the details here since this is public facing but with the new feature, you won't need to worry about Jabber not having a meet-me option

If you are a partner and can post on the partner side more than happy to point you to all the details

That makes me happy to hear.

Unfortunately, I don't have partner access, but I'll speak with my account managers to see they are able to provide more info on this at this time.

Thanks again for your responses.

Thanks,

Miguel

I know this thread is almost a year old now - and we're on 11.5(2) with Jabber.  It has a funny-looking "Communicate... - Meet Now" menu option (note "Meet Now" and *not* "Meet Me") but it's grayed out.

Is there still no way to initiate Meet Me using Cisco Jabber?

Thanks,

Matthias

There isn't but you can use the conference me feature which needs ccm 11. Then it's a matter of just dialing the number abs entering host or attendee pin

Thanks

Srini

Uuuuuuggggghhhhhh..... well, that won't help us because we are on CUCM 10.5(2)

But thanks for the reply, anyway!

Matthias