Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate chats from Cisco Jabber to Microsoft teams

EddyPA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In my company, we are curently using Cisco Jabber as our main IM and for the phone options.

We also recently migrate to Microsoft Office 365 and starting using Microsoft Teams.

Due to management matters we decided to use Microsoft Teams as our main IM app and keep Cisco Jabber for phone options.

Since then I'm looking around to find a way to move all the chats from Cisco Jabber to Microsoft Teams.

So far I've only found few third-party apps but they don't seem to be what i need.

Is there anyone who had the same case and used a specific app to do so ?

Thanks

Eddy

3 Replies 3

Adam Hinchliff
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Eddy,

We are doing the exact same, Jabber as phone with MS Teams for Collab.

Are you wanting to migrate existing chat history into Teams or disable IM in Jabber? 

You can enable/disable IM on CUPS/IM&P, bear in mind it's a global setting.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-applications/disable-instant-messaging-on-jabber/td-p/2508858

Cheers

Adam

EddyPA
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Adam,

I wanted to migrate existing chat history into Teams.

I received an answer in the french community.

It seems like it's impossible to migrate chat history from Jabber to Teams

@miguecas wrote:

Hi,

I have not heard of a tool that can do what you want.
I even think it's not possible, since Jabber does not store any conversation unless you have an external database. Despite the existence of an external database, MSTeams stores messages in the cloud or hidden locations in your mail, which means that it is totally different from an external database like the one defined in Windows Server for Jabber.

In short, it would not be possible.

Hi Team,

Is it possible to move contacts and existing groups from Cisco Jabber to Microsoft Teams ?

Thanks.

Vikas