Views
Helpful
Replies

migration cucm 9.1 to cucm 12 using PCD

chawkideeb
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

We have cucm 9.1 installed on vmware esxi 5.0. we need to migrate it to cucm 12 based on esxi 6.5 using PCD.

Can you confirm that using PCD i can migrate to cucm 12 ? or it is not compatible?as per the document i can see only to cucm 11.5 maximum.

on the other hand , it seems that the PCD .ova file that is published on cisco webesite pcd_11.5_vmv8_v1.2.ova is not supported on 6.5. can anyone send me the link to download PCD that is supported on esxi 6.5 ? or also it is not supported? 

P.S: if it is not supported , can i install the PCD on the same host (5.0) where the old cucm resides and perform the migrate to new cucm that should be installed on new host esxi 6.5?

thank you.

best regards,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can use PCD for that migration.

PCD compatibility is contained in the virtualization wiki, as well as CUCM compatibility with ESXi.

Rule of thumb is that PCD can handle migrations up to the same version it's running, so if you want CUCM 12, you would need PCD 12.

PCD is not available for download, it comes bundled with the CUCM media kit.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

You need to order CUCM 12 via PUT, PCD will come with it.

HTH

java

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can use PCD for that migration.

PCD compatibility is contained in the virtualization wiki, as well as CUCM compatibility with ESXi.

Rule of thumb is that PCD can handle migrations up to the same version it's running, so if you want CUCM 12, you would need PCD 12.

PCD is not available for download, it comes bundled with the CUCM media kit.

HTH

java

Dear Jaime,

Thank you for your quick response.

But my issue is the below:

on cisco webesite , i found PCD version "PCD_UCOS_12.1.1.10000-4.sgn.iso" on the following path :

Downloads Home > Unified Communications > Call Control > Unified Communications Manager (CallManager) > Unified Communications Manager Version 12.0 > Prime Collaboration Deployment Updates- 12.1(1).

But the .ova i did not found it under 12 version. i found it under version 11.5 (pcd_11.5_vmv8_v1.2.ova) that is compatible only with esxi 5  as following path :

Downloads Home > Unified Communications > Call Control > Unified Communications Manager (CallManager) > Unified Communications Manager Version 11.5 > Prime Collaboration Deployment Updates- 11.5(3)(GD).

and i could not deploy this ova as ovf template in esxi 6.5 . i succeeded to to it on esxi 5.0

Thus kindly find below what i need exactly :

- if you can send me (the ova or link to download it )  the .ova for PCD that is compatible with esxi 6.5 and cucm 12. i already have the .iso image as per the above first link.

- can you send me the link where it shows that PCD is compatible on esxi 6.5 ?

Thank you,

best regards,

The virtualization wiki shows the latest version of ESXi compatible with the products, as well as the PCD admin guides.

As I previously mentioned, PCD comes with the CUCM media kit you order via PUT, what you can download from cisco.com are NON-bootable images (and at some point, and for some versions, the blank OVA, without the bootable ISO).

HTH

java

Dear Jaime,

all the ova and iso image were inside the ucs -220 server , but it was deleted from the datastore.

Thus what i want and this stage only the new PCD ova for version 12 and compatible with esxi6.5.

If you can provide me this ova.

otherwise i already downloaded all the .iso images and tranfer it to bootable image.

Thank you,

best Regards,

You need to order CUCM 12 via PUT, PCD will come with it.

HTH

java

i Jaime,

well noted .

Thank you.