cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring external CME Dn from CUCM 10.5 Jabber for windows

Gilberto Millan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to everyone, i need some explanation here, this is the scenario CME 8.6 connected to one CUCM 10.5 through sip trunk.

I can have the presence of the lines of the remote system configuring the BLF on the sep devices on the CME and on the CUCM, but I don't find the way to do the same thing for the CSF devices on the CUCM.

There is a way to do that? to get the remote status of the dn of the CME on my jabber for windows client registered on the CUCM?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You don't monitor devices, you monitor users, and yes, for other systems, you need federation.

There is no concept of BLF as such with the phones in Jabber, you get the status of a user's device, proxy the user / device / line association that is in place between CUCM and IM&P SIP trunk. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, because you can only add users to Jabber, not the devices directly. You get the on a call status thru all the device / line / user associations in place.

HTH

java

So the only way to get the status of the remote device on jabber is using a federation or something like?

Jabber doesn't have the blf function, this is my limit here right?

You don't monitor devices, you monitor users, and yes, for other systems, you need federation.

There is no concept of BLF as such with the phones in Jabber, you get the status of a user's device, proxy the user / device / line association that is in place between CUCM and IM&P SIP trunk. 

HTH

java

Excellent thanks for the clarification

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: