Views
Helpful
Replies

MRA Issues after CUCM upgrade

jodamus112
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just upgraded my CUCM/IMP/CUC from 10.5 to 11.5(1)SU3. VCS expressway is and was running v8.10.1 and MRA was working fine when we were on CUCM 10.5.

After CUCM/IMP upgrade Jabber MRA connections were still working but seems to have stopped working after enabling OAUTH and push notifications on CUCM. At the moment, we can login when on the internal network and all services work, CUCM/IMP/CUC, once logged in and moving to an external network only phone services seems to work. IMP cannot connect. Although phone services work when initial connection is done on internal network, if we try to connect a device for the first time from external, then phone services also fails and nothing works.

If i configure the user account only for phone services and disable IMP then i am able to connect a device for the first time from external. As soon as the IMP component is involved i am unable to get the Jabber client connected. So it seems the problem is related to IMP connections from external which impacts the initial device sign-on. 

I have tried to disable the OAUTH and Push notifications without any difference in results, apart from that when OAUTH is configured i get the secondary login page for on both internal and external connections so doubt the problem is OUATH.

The next step I was planning on doing, was to revert back to CUCM 10.5 and see if the problem persists, but thought i would first pose the question here, in case its something small that i am missing.

I have scoured the logs on EXP-C and E and can't find any errors to point me in the right direction. I have also done some searching and found this Blog http://www.ucguerrilla.com/2016/02/cisco-mobile-and-remote-access.html

but all test results as explained in the blog, come back without errors.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Julian.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jodamus112
Level 1
Level 1

Managed to resolve the issue, one of the client's configured DNS servers were problematic. strange thing though cause it intermittently resolved DNS queries.

removed this DNS server from the EXP-C server and worked immediately. added it back and problem returned.

Very coincidental that it only started giving problems while i was busy changing things. :-(

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jodamus112
Level 1
Level 1

Managed to resolve the issue, one of the client's configured DNS servers were problematic. strange thing though cause it intermittently resolved DNS queries.

removed this DNS server from the EXP-C server and worked immediately. added it back and problem returned.

Very coincidental that it only started giving problems while i was busy changing things. :-(