Views
Helpful
Replies

MRA Push Notification - Question about Jabber for mobile when logout/turned of

Jonathan Galvez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I could not find an answer on the CISCO Guide and maybe know someone how the Push Notification act on this case.

If the Jabber for Iphone/Android goes on sleep modus, the push notification service will "wake up" it in case of a new incoming call or a chat message.

My question is: what happens if the Jabber is turned of? How Push Notification knows the difference between sleep modus or shutdown? On CUCM you see for both scenarios, that the phone is unregistered.

Would Push Notification anyway try the wake up the phone? Which message will receive?

Please send me a reference if you know the answer.

Many thanks in advance!

Jonathan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Push notifications will be sent to a user as long as the system has information about if it is logged in. That information is not related to the registration status of devices as that’s a different thing. It’s nothing more than that to it.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Yes it would still wake up Jabber even if the users has intentionally shut the application down. The only way that I know of to stop this is to first logout of Jabber on the mobile device and then close the app. That way you won't get a notification.

Very last part of this document have information about this.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

many thanks for your fast answer, I know when the Jabber would wake up by Push Notification and when not. My question is more specific. I just want to know, if someone knows what happens? I mean the CUCM will send a Push Notification, cause it doesn't know if the jabber is on sleep modus or logged out.

How will Push Notification then act? Will send a Push Notification to the device anyway? Is there a Timeout? what happens on the calling party?

Regards, Jonathan

Push notifications will be sent to a user as long as the system has information about if it is logged in. That information is not related to the registration status of devices as that’s a different thing. It’s nothing more than that to it.

Response Signature