cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MSI driver WARNING: OpenDevice: couldn't find device

Atllp_rtutt
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting about 30 or so of these aprox. every 3 hrs.

Is this normal.

This error is coming from the Cisco media services.

7 Replies 7

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bob,

This is a known issue being tracked by CSCud41225 and CSCud43116. As a workaround you could reduce the logging level for msidriver.sys as below:

"If a client is getting WARNING level messages from msidriver.sys and you no longer want to see them:

Use regedit.exe to navigate to  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Msidriver]. Change  LoggingLevel from 4 (log warnings and errors) to 2 (log errors only).

To make the change effective, reboot."

Thanks,

Maqsood

Maqsood Mushtaq wrote:

Hi Bob,

This is a known issue being tracked by CSCud41225 and CSCud43116. The warning message itself is not really worrying as this is caused by a known limitation in Windows protocol drivers (see description of CSCud41225 for details).

As a workaround you could reduce the logging level for msidriver.sys as below:

"If a client is getting WARNING level messages from msidriver.sys and you no longer want to see them:

Use regedit.exe to navigate to  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Msidriver]. Change  LoggingLevel from 4 (log warnings and errors) to 2 (log errors only).

To make the change effective, reboot."

Thanks,

Maqsood

I am unable to look at these bug reports and one user had this issue generate 32,000 system log entries in aprox. 3 mins.

This locks up the machine.  The service maxed out a core on one users machine. On all users it causes them to lose network connectivity i.e. web browsing, outlook, ect.

I am not sure the just changing the logging is really correcting the issue for my user. (since I can't see the bug reports)

We are having the same issue....Is this due to the Jabber 9.1 client itself or when Cisco Media Services Interface is installed. I see 9.1(1) was released today along with MSI 3.2.2 does this fix the issue?

Hi,

This is caused by Cisco Media Services Interface. 3.2.2 does not contain the fix. It will be fixed in a future release.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Maqsood,

We are having the same issue. Is it the excessive logging that is causing the performance issue on the PC, or is it the bug itself. If we adjust the logging...will that stop the performance issues? Should we roll back to MSI 3.2.1?

Also, if the user has MSI installed and does not have an camera device, will this be a problem. It does appear that we are only having this issue with workstations that have MSI installed but no camera.

Thanks

Michael

We are also having the same problem, fresh windows 7 64bit ssd machines, taking about 2minutes to login from startup. Without the Cisco Media Services Interface 3.2.2 Install it takes 3 seconds!!

When is the next release scheduled? This is holding up our desktop refresh rollout!

Thanks

Steve

Jason.Ligon.1
Level 1
Level 1

Any updates on the Cisco Media Services Interface Service excessive logging issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: