Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi Party Video Conferencing with Jabber - using PVDM3

hamed1900
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Is it possible to use multi-party Viceo conferencing  with Jabber ( off-net and on-net) with PVDM3.

Customer does not have any MCU.

If yes, any limitation? maximum number of participants?

Thanks,

Hamed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Paul McGurn
Level 6
Level 6

I was looking to do similar, and came across this page.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/gatecont/ps4952/qa_c67-649850.html

It indicates a pretty weak range of the Cisco product line being supported, but does not include Jabber at all.  We have been piloting the Jabber Video client, alongside some MX series units, and I find this to be yet another weird point where the EX series has better compatibility and functionality then the more expensive MX series units.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Paul McGurn
Level 6
Level 6

I was looking to do similar, and came across this page.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/gatecont/ps4952/qa_c67-649850.html

It indicates a pretty weak range of the Cisco product line being supported, but does not include Jabber at all.  We have been piloting the Jabber Video client, alongside some MX series units, and I find this to be yet another weird point where the EX series has better compatibility and functionality then the more expensive MX series units.

Thank you Paul,

Very useful.

interlinkvision
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I work for Interlink Vision and using our CallPresence cloud services you can do multi-point video calls using a hosted 4 seat virtual meeting room that can be accessed anytime from anywhere (IP/SIP/ISDN) in the world. You tend to find that it is more cost effective and scalable to use hosted services. If you would like a 2 week free trial or any more information please feel free to contact me.

Moe at interlinkvision dot com

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: