Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple selections for 'use my phone for calls' Jabber 9.2.4

rvluijn01
Level 1
Level 1

Could someone look into this?

We have some users that are experiencing the following what shown in the screenshot.

Only the above option works and somehow the second selection (Mark Hattink) has no purpose.

I just can't figure out what's happening.

It's not happening to everyone who uses Jabber 9.2.4.

171053.jpg

Note:

CUCM - 9.1.1.20000-5

Jabber for Windows 9.2.4

Only Cisco 8945 - dc-vel-8945-172 option works.. And the Cisco 8945 - Mark Hattink does not.

This is all on Windows 7.

Who knows this issue and can help me out.

Is this a configuring issue?

Before when we used CUCM 8.5.14900 there were no issues known from users.

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How many devices are tied to that user???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Java,

The user only has one deskphone, and logged on to it.

There is no other deskphone connected.

The user also has a RDP and ofcourse it's Jabber.

So the situation works like it should be when selecting the dc-vel-8945-172, but the second selection (Mark Hattink) has no need and i really don't understand why this is visible.

Regards,

Robert

Check for this user on Call Manager Page under

Tapan

Dear Tapan,

Unfortunately not.

Also for every user the same settings are used.

Thanks in any case!

Hi Robert,

Check the physical phone where the user is logged in and make sure the "Owner User ID" field is set to None.

Best regards,

Irvin

Dear Irvin,

Thanks for your input.

This is checked, and the 'Owner User ID' is already set to 'None'.

What i can see is the following:

This is the phone configuration

This is the View User Device Configuration button

Is this right or is a mismatch happening?

Kind regards,

Robert

Hi Robert,

The screenshots you provided are correct.  Phones, if they are used with Extension Mobility, should not be associated with any user.  Device Profiles must be associated with users though and that is what you can see when you click on the View User Device Configuration button.

On the user PC, log out from Jabber and try to clear the cache.  Take note that user's Jabber settings may reset to default when you do this so best test with a test user/profile first.

Delete or move the "Unified Communication" folder from:

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications

Replace with the actual logon ID of the user.

This is the setting that worked for me after troubleshooting with TAC.

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue on our CUCM 9.1.2.10000-28 & CUP&IM 9.1.1.30000-3: I have a Jabber for Windows client v9.7 that should only show 1 hardware phone, but it shows 2 entries. I checked the above and still we have 2 entries (also after clearing the Jabber cache). Also I tried another Jabber for Windows version (v9.6), but it always pulls 2 hardware phones in it's config.

Have you managed to get this solved? We use Cisco 8945 phones where end users log on via Extension Mobility. I noticed in Dependancy Records that we have an entrie in Extension Mobility Dyncamic, which shouldn't be the case because no end user is logged on, but it shows it in Dependancy Records... A bug?? And when the end user logs on an IP Phone, then we have twice Extension Mobility Dynamic entries... Not good since only 1 device is in use via Extension Mobility (multiple logins are disabled via parameter).

Greets,

David

Greets,

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: