cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Native Android/iOS integration for WebEx meetings

johnkuntz
Level 1
Level 1

I was informed by a user that a WebEx competitor has integration built in to the calendar invites. This allows a user to click on the phone number of the WebEx and it selects the passcode automatically. Does WebEx have anything like this? Screenshot_20170214-085736.png

10 Replies 10

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Webex app does the same thing click the link launch the app and you can do call back or the new call in and that passes the number and the passcode? Will that not work

Srini, what's that "new call in and that passes the number and the passcode"? I haven't noticed it...

Also, this is not the same as having it built into the calendar - this is great for guests or even users with host accounts that just want to join via PSTN call-in audio and don't have to switch back and forth between the apps to punch in the numbers

johnkuntz, who's that competitor?

Competitor is Join.me. I tested the WebEx app briefly and pressing the phone number off the calendar invite does launch the WebEx app if it's installed (on Android). However you still need to enter your name and email. That I understand. However once in the WebEx app unless you do Call In using Internet, you still need to put in the passcode.

John

Yes not from the native calendar app but once cross launch to webex it works fine for me. I tested hosting meetings I will test join someone else webex later today

I don't have android so will check if that feature made its way there it's possible this is exclusive to iOS

Thanks

Srini

Stoyan

First of all I never said native integration from calendar I was focusing on passing the passcode. I was hoping that with the Apple integration what you say for guests will happen but it hasn't. I didn't say all use case were met either. The screenshot wasn't clear to me on whether the user was on calendar or in the app and seeing the calendar from within the app which also shows a calendar so to to speak

You might have missed the update on iOS that happened last year but works great for me. I went into the app selected call in. My site uses webex audio. Then I tested also with a site using tsp audio and works great in both use cases

You can customize the entire dial string passcode comma everything and it's actually pre programmed for you if you don't want to do it

Been working for me since mid or so last year when the iOS iodate happened

Thanks

Srini

The original image is using the built-in calendar app for Android.

Yes, the WebEx app does punch in the numbers for you both on Android and iOS - I've missed that this feature was there as I never use it

Me neither since I always do VOIP or call back but it’s actually cool to see all the DTMF keys being passed. Cisco was talking how with the Apple integration there would be these native hooks into iOS like we have with Call Kit and one touch login but haven’t seen that come to fruition yet. We have Push Kit, Siri Kit, Call Kit, now we need WebEx-kit ☺

Srini Kilambi

Another Android user had everything punched in as well. However on my phone (Moto Droid Turbo 2), in the WebEx app, When I do the call in, click the number, it only dials the number and still asks for the access code and attendee number. Really odd.

That's a little more work than native calendar integration, but once the WebEx app is setup it's not that bad.

What they do is a tel: uri with commas and asterisks which pops the devices default dealer and starts dialling… so if you have a device with more than 3 words in its name (:P) I guess it is expected to fail

Regards,

Stoyan Stoitsev | CCIE Collaboration #24687

stoyan.stoitsev@frink.at | +4369913224688

frink advanced services gmbh | Gutenberggasse 1/7 | 1070 Vienna, Austria

--

Visit our product website @ academy.frink.at

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: