Views
Helpful
Replies

No phone service in cisco Jabber for VDI clients

engreda22
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all ,

I am trying to use cisco jabber in VDI clients .

user can login in cisco jabber but phone service not working .

VDI clients are connecting from WAN as the collaboration severs are located in remote site .

required ports are opened in firewall .

would you please advise how to solve this issue and please list the ports must be opened in firewall.

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jabber documentation lists all the necessary ports.

What does the PRT say about the CUCM registration?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks  Jaime ,

I confirmed no issue form firewall or opened ports 

please find two files from the PRT may you can conclude some thing

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Could you please check this,

Cisco Jabber Softphone for VDI

Cisco Jabber is compatible with VDI. However, because of a limitation of VDI, only the availability and chat features are supported. Sending the additional data that audio and video calls require through the hosted virtual desktop causes communications delays. This limitation is called the "hairpin" effect.

Cisco Jabber Softphone for VDI is software that adds support for audio and video calls. With Cisco Jabber Softphone for VDI, the data doesn’t go through the hosted virtual desktop, thus eliminating the hairpin effect. The version of Cisco Jabber Softphone for VDI that you need depends on the operating system that your thin clients run. The Cisco Jabber Softphone for VDI family of products includes:

• Cisco Jabber Softphone for VDI—HP Thin Pro and Ubuntu

• Cisco Jabber Softphone for VDI—Unicon eLux

• Cisco Jabber Softphone for VDI—Windows

• Cisco Virtualization Experience Media Edition for HP Thin Pro and Ubuntu

• Cisco Virtualization Experience Media Edition for Unicon eLux

• Cisco Virtualization Experience Media Edition for Windows

Cisco Jabber Softphone for VDI was formerly known as Cisco Virtualization Experience Media Edition (VXME).

Cisco Jabber Softphone for VDI supports most Cisco Jabber features, with some exceptions. For more information, see the related topics for this article. For information about older producst nearing end-of-life, or end-of-sale milestones, visit: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/unified-communications/jabber-softphone-for-vdi/eos-eol-notice-listing.html.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

Thanks Ratheesh ,

my VDI is HP Thin Pro 520 so it should support audio and video .

please advise 

Hi engreda22, 
I have the same issue. Did you manage to solve it.

Thanks

Steve Galarza
Level 1
Level 1

I apologize ahead of time for this question, but how do you install the .deb file on a hp thin client t620? Seems that Cisco only has .deb file as a download for thin clients and not .msi.

Also, I cannot seem to be able to find instructions or documentation, on how to install it. any help, would be greatly appreciated.

As you wrote msi that would imply that you’re using Windows as your OS. If so you should get the VDI installation for Windows client, not any of the once for other OS’s.

Response Signature

You can get the version for Jabber 12.8.1 at this link https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286304684/type/283802941/release/12.8(1) 

Response Signature

In my setup i noticed in the jabber log that there was a username/password error. When I change the Jabber setup without SSO then the VDI cleint starts working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: