Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Photo/Name when connected remotely

Hi All,

I seem to be having issues displaying correct account name and photo when connecting to CUPS with Cisco Jabber for Windows remotely.

I have followed this article: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2149035 which sorted out the photos on Jabber when I sign it on my PC/Laptop locally. However when I am at another site, which uses site-to-site IPSec VPN then I get nothing. Even account's name is shown as dmitry@office.local rather than Dmitry.

Any ideas? Can this be something to do with connectivity to the LDAP server?

10 Replies 10

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What client? Also are you on the domain when using jabber remotely?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Check if your Jabber is able to TFTP its xml config file from CUCM.

Before Jabber, there was no need for CUPC for such file so maybe route / filters are not accurate.

First check this. If ok then it's a connectivity to LDAP issue.

JC

Seems that it's an LDAP issue as I can download the xml file just fine.

I have a site-to-site IPSec VPN configured between Cisco ISR 2811 and Cisco ASA 5505. The other remote site which has a Cisco 857 router does the same thing.

Any ideas?

If up to date the jabber-config.xml  located in \AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config should have the timestamp of your Jabber login.

What does LDAP connection status says in Help -> Connection Status -> Directory ?

Sorry I missed your attchment...

So LDAP issue yes. Routing or fw / acl.

Well I do have allow ip any any for the networks that need access? Firewall is off on Microsoft AD Server too.

Check in your jabber-config.xml which port you're targeting with LDAP.

EDI

your IP

your port

Port can have different values depending of your choice.

Port 389, of course and I can telnet to that port from the remote site... just get a blinking cursor.

Is it worth perhaps to use UDS instead?

What mode are you using for authentication ?

or 0 and a specific account (in clear text ) ?

Your error is LDAP_OPERATIONS_ERROR, could be linked to credentials.

Sorry, I already have that enabled as this all works okay locally. Only have a problem on remote sites.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: