cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No video/audio with Jabber guest

Mike Assel
Level 4
Level 4

I'm able to connect calls but I get no audio or video in either direction.  According to the install guide "Cisco Jabber Guest media does not go through the traversal link between Cisco Expressway-E and Cisco Expressway-C" and "Inbound firewall rules are required to allow media to flow from the Cisco Expressway-E to Cisco Expressway-C."

Does this mean that I need to open up my firewall to that large range of ports to allow the RTP traffic from the Expressway Edge to get to the Expressway C?  Is it not possible to create a travesal zone for the jabber guest media to use?  Thanks,  Mike

34 Replies 34

single nic, edge is outside my network with public ip

I believe it was the same issue Mike = ) The issue where my call connect successfully but not video/audio is passed. My edge talks to control to setup the call, but when my control comes back to the edge (through my firewall) I see my public ip, which is breaking the media.

Gotcha.  Exact same issue I had with exact same topology :)  You can't do it that way :(  You can either do a static 1:1 NAT for your Exp-C, or bring your Exp-E behind the firewall and NAT it (which makes more sense).  I ended up putting my Exp-E behind the firewall and NATing it.  Just take care how you create the NAT for the Exp-E as it needs to be reflexive.

Mike

Doh! = (  that's what I was afraid of...TAC is looking into this as well as they say it should be supported, but I assume they'll come back with the same answer.

Can you elaborate on "it needs to be reflexive"? - Thanks!

If you look in the Expressway deployment guide they explain it, but basically it means that the NAT needs be configured in such a way so that the Exp-C can talk to the public IP address of the Exp-E.  So when you create the UC Traversal zone on your Exp-C you have to use the Public IP (or maybe the FQDN, which must resolve to the public IP) of your Exp-E as the destination.

Ah, Gotcha, understood. Thanks for the replies Mike