cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Off premise Jabber access

tonypearce1
Level 3
Level 3

Is there any documentation available on how to go about configuring Jabber for use outside of the organisation? Ie across the internet? And is this possible to be secured not with VPN but with SSL or something along those lines?

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Currently the only supported solution is via VPN connection (any corporate VPN should be supported), Mobile and Remote Access aka Collaboration Edge is going to close that gap when it is officially released very soon.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I think I can add public dns SRV entries to get the Jabber client to talk back to the corporate office. Can't see why this wouldn't work! Of course I'll need to allow the entries in the firewall. I'm going to try and test this.

Thanks for your response. If anyone has any issues with the above please comment!

The only thing I don't like about this is that we will have something like cisco-uds and cuplogin on the public DNS.

I suppose that is technically doable, however you will be opening a lot of ports for different things including RTP traffic, probably not very secure.

HTH,

Chris

I looked into this further and agree with you...

Just going through some old posts and this thread is completely irrelevant now. The feature is called MRA (Mobile and Remote Access) and can be done with Cisco VCS Expressway VMs: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/expressway-series/products-installation-and-configuration-guides-list.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: