Views
Helpful
Replies

Offline IM show wrong time when computer is in a summertime zone

Kim Nielsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When sending an instant message to an offline user, then the timezone in the other end is shown wrong if that users computer is in a timezone that is currently in "summertime" mode.

What I have found out is that the Jabber client will use the CUP server as an NTP resource, but apply the timezone from the computer that it's installed on.

Let me give an example:

I'm in the UTC +1 Copenhagen timezone. At the moment we are in the summertime, which is acctually +2 then.

Jabber will only add +1 to the time, so all offline IM messages will appear as haven been sent an hour earlier..

Is this the same that you have experienced, and does anybody know if Jabber for Windows will be able to handle the summertimezone in a later release?

/Kim                 

3 Replies 3

atulkalia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kim,

I have recently deployed jabber for a customer and one user had the same issue. have you found any solution yet? I tested by changing the time on my PC and it was reflecting the time of PC which is obvious result but is there any solution?

Regards,

Atul

Hi,

There is a service request open with Cisco TAC on this issue and is being investigated. I will provide an update in due course if it is a config problem or a defect.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Masqood

Any news on this one?

Best regards

Kristian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: