Views
Helpful
Replies

On-prem WebEx integration with TelePresence

ben.english
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is there integration between on-prem WebEx and standards based (SIP or H323) VC? I believe there use to be but now I only see the integration for the cloud WebEx which is only available in north America.

thanks.

Message was edited on June 5, 2013: Kelli Glass, Cisco Collaboration Community moderator, added community categories and tags for greater ease in filtering posts (no change to content).

13 Replies 13

michmurp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ben, thanks for the question.  Cisco WebEx Meetings Server is the name of our new on-premises version of WebEx, and while it supports High Quality video with H.264 SVC within the WebEx conferencing capabilities, it does not yet have an integration to Telepresence or other 'outside webex' standards based video endpoints.  This request is, however, already one we are planning to support, and it is on the Cisco WebEx Meetings Server roadmap for a future release.  Please check back with us for updates in the future.

Hi Michael,

do you know if this issue has been addressed yet? I am struggling to find any roadmap or information on the On premises version of WebEx and Cisco telepresence endpoints? Any road map information would be helpful.

thanks

Mark

Mark,

CWMS does not support WebEx Telepresence yet but it will be coming sometime in 2014.  Have not heard an exact date yet though.

That is correct.  It is on the roadmap, but is as of yet uncommitted, so we do not yet have any firm date.

Michael

Hi Cisco,

Do you know if someone open for an enhancement request for this? Or this has been in the roadmap for 2014? probably will be in 2.5 version?

Thanks,

This is already on the roadmap. It is not in 2.5. It is slated for 3.0 which is targeted end of this year or early next year.

Thanks

Srini

Hi, is there any more recent news about this feauture? when is 3.0 planned to be out?

Integration of CWMS with Telepresence is not yet committed program......can't give you a date when at this time. Still high priority.

Ron

Cisco

As I heared there won't be any committed CWMS roadmap this year, as the on-prem WebEx developer team joined the Cloud WebEx team, so future of CWMS seems pretty blurry from now on.. if any. Anybody got any news on that?

Have you heard any update on this yet?  We're in the same situation.

Thanks,

Hi

There are no plans to now support CWMS and TP

for roadmap in CWMS since this thread is public facing please post on the partner side

Thanks

Srini

besahin
Level 1
Level 1

there is a poll here about this to include it as a feature request: 

https://communities.cisco.com/polls/3767

Note from Moderator: this poll is located in the Cisco Partner Community that is accessible only to Cisco partners.

curtisraams
Level 1
Level 1

Its amazing that this feature is not included, there is so much demand for it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: