cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

one user is having issues logging into jabber

Isaac
Level 1
Level 1

so I have one user that is having issues logging into jabber. one other thing too Jabber is only available locally so we have to manually put in the internal IP address on advanced settings then select IM and presence and input the server IP address, do this a couple time and user is prompted to put in credentials, we put in our username like so john.doe then put in the necessary password but for this one user in order for him to log in he uses john.doe@ which is strange since he is a domain admin and he has no issues logging into his laptop and the call manager self care portal both tied with active directory.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

VinodGupta6201

thanks for that, I did run into an issue when trying to accomplish this when going to assign user I ran into: cannot assign a user to a server that is not in a valid state. I googled and found this: 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/unable-to-assign-presence-users-server-not-in-valid-state/td-p/3349033

I followed this and was able to successfully add the user to presence, thanks again for everyone's input on this.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the user assigned in IM&P?

Can he login to self-care portal?

You could just configure the SRVs for your domain and avoid any manual input.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Is the user assigned in IM&P? how can I check this? 

Can he login to self-care portal? yes he can with no issues

so I did some research and found under presence topology that the user is unassigned, how would I fix that? 

CUCM >> User management >> assign presence user >> click on user and assigned .

VinodGupta6201

thanks for that, I did run into an issue when trying to accomplish this when going to assign user I ran into: cannot assign a user to a server that is not in a valid state. I googled and found this: 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/unable-to-assign-presence-users-server-not-in-valid-state/td-p/3349033

I followed this and was able to successfully add the user to presence, thanks again for everyone's input on this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: