cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Out of blue hosted Jabber logged users out

dkorell
Level 1
Level 1

This morning out of the blue I started getting calls from users who couldn't login to Jabber. Normally Jabber automatically logs them in but they were getting prompted for a password. This caused two issues:

One is if their windows login didn't match their Jabber login the username field was grayed out and I had to reset the client so they could type in the correct username. I found this forum post about similar issues:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12750681/jabber-username-unchangeable-first-install-v115-windows

The second issue is Jabber has been automatically logging users in for months or years and not everyone remembers their password from the first time they signed in. They can do a password reset but not all users (mainly doctors) don't know they have an e-mail address at our company or how to get to it. This was not fun to deal with.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

1 Reply 1

Nirmal Issac
Level 1
Level 1

Was there a recent upgrade of Jabber client? J4W 10.6 and later obtain the username from the UPN in Active Directory by default. This happens when the PC is a part of the domain.