Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound URI for Expressway B2B calls

h.hajamor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

I am accounting in your expertise to help me resolving my issue.
Infact, when I make a  call from an endpoint or Cisco Jabber registered with CUCM toward the external domain through Expressway E/C, the destination endpoint don't receive user@domain.com URI but the received URI is DN@CUCM-IP-Address or only DN.
So, When the external user tries to redial this extension he will be directed to the Local DN and not users@domain.com

For more details:

Endpoint:user@domain.com      ------->( EXP C/E) ------> Endpoint: user2@external Domain

(calls user2@externaldomain.com)------->(EXP C/E) ------> (received call from DN@CUCM-IP-addres)

I think that the issue is in the call manager because I checked out the log provided by EXP C/E and i found that cucm sends DN@CUCM-IP-addres and not the directory URI.

Can you help me Guys ???????

4 Replies 4

Hi, 

could you please see whether you have configured any valid name on ASCII display name on the DN

Also few other places you may have to look ;

"Calling Name Presentation" on Route pattern, Route Group and  SIP trunk should be enabled.

if you verified above all and you still have the problem, I suggest you share your invite message here to check further. 

Regards,

Shalid 

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi ,
thank you for response,
i have configured the Line ASCII display name

but the probléme persists 

I have created a SIP profile for the endpoint (jabber-sip-profile) and I checked the "use FQDN"

In this case there is an improuvement. I received in the other side DN@domain and not DN@cucm-ip address

My target is to acheive user@domain.com

Check the SIP trunk towards Expressway and set "Calling and Connected Party Info Format" to "Deliver URI only in connected party, if available". Just posting this as I had a similar issue. 

In the B2B E you would need to have transforms that rewrite the IP into your domain. See example below.

Snag_1dd9c01.png

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: