Views
Helpful
Replies

Outlook contacts details in ribbon disappearing

Nicolas Mansour
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am having an issue with Cisco Jabber Desktop for Windows with Outlook 2010.

We are able to click to dial from within the ribbon in Outlook but sometimes, the contact details that usually are shown in the ribbon do not appear.

Once we sign out of Jabber Desktop for Windows, the contact details are always shown.

Any ideas?

8 Replies 8

mod
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are seeing the same issues with Outlook 2010 and Jabber 9.0.2 for Windows. Just to add a little more detail, the Outlook contact info seems to appear correctly if either A) The Outlook contact is in your Jabber contact list as well, or B) The Outlook contact is not in your Outlook autocomplete cache. Logging out of Jabber also makes the Outlook contact info re-appear as mentioned.

Hi,

There is a support case open with a smilar issue and is being investigated. I will provide an update once we know more about the problem.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Craig Behr
Level 1
Level 1

We have reported a similiar issue to TAC.

interestingly enoguh, when in email in Outlook 2010 and using the preview pane. Hovering over a person who is outside the organization, shows no contact info. Clicking off the email and going back to it and hovering again, it is always there.

We can replicate this on multiple machines.

Pics attached.

Nicolas Mansour
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Thanks for the posts.

I will be waiting for your answers and hopefully workaround/fixes for this issue.

Regards,

Nick

Hi Guys,

Any new updates on this issue?

I tried the latest version 9.0(4) but that didn't solve it.

Awaiting any feedback.

Nick

JFW 9.2.2 and Outlook 2010...we are seeing this issue. Was there ever a fix?

still occuring here. never got a response back...

Kevin Lam
Level 1
Level 1

We are seeing the same issue.

Anybody have have an idea?

Seems to work fine for me but several users have reported this issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: