Helpful
Replies

Pasting Images

KtownChristine
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!  I have a few questions:

(1)

Is there a way to paste an image onto the current slide of a presentation I'm delivering in the Training Center?

Example:

I ask participants to point to something on the current presentation slide that is incorrect.

I then want to paste a "good eye!" image on the same slide.

Currently, I only seem to be able to use the option to paste the image as a new whiteboard page.

(2)

When pasting an image on a whiteboard, how to I paste it to the first page of the WB (currently it always pastes starting on page 2 of the WB)?

(3)

How to I paste an additional image on an existing whiteboard?  Currently, it only allows me to the second image onto a new WB page.

Thank you, and have a great day!

-Christine

Message was edited on June 5, 2013: Kelli Glass, Cisco Collaboration Community moderator, added community categories and tags for greater ease in filtering posts (no change to content).

5 Replies 5

Susan McEvilly
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Christine:

The whiteboards in TC won't do exactly what you're trying to do, but here are a few ideas:

• TC will not allow you to paste an image onto a PPT slide, or edit a PPT slide, once the slide is loaded into the content viewer. In order to accomplish what you want to do, you could build the 'good eye' image into your PPT slide in advance as an animation. You would bring up the basic slide in the content viewer during class,  then have your students annotate on the slide,  then click to advance the slide which will bring up the 'good eye' image that you've built into that same slide as an animation. The student's annotations will still be on the screen, as will the 'good eye'.
  • The first page of the whiteboard is reserved for using the annotation tools that are part of TC. Even if you don't annotate on page 1, when you paste an image, it will go on page 2 and leave page 1 blank. Each time you paste an image; the whiteboard will bring up a new page and place your image there.  Unfortunately, the whiteboard will not let you build upon a page with multiple images.  Here are a few alternative ways to accomplish what you want to do:
  1. You can prepare whiteboards in advance and save and reuse them. Prepare and save one that is ‘pre-populated' where each page includes the images from the prior page, plus the new image.   Instead of building upon one whiteboard as you want to do, you'd actually be moving to the next page in the whiteboard. The downside is that any annotations you or your students make on one page of the whiteboard will not carry over when you click to the next page.  The upside is that you stay in the content viewer and don’t need to go back and forth to desktop or application sharing, and all your images are preloaded for you.
  2. Another way to do this is to start with a completely blank/white PPT slide. Add your preselected images onto the white slide as animations and save your slide. At time of class, load your slide into the TC content viewer and the slide will look completely blank/white - it looks like a whiteboard.   Annotate on that white slide, and have your students do so as well. Then advance the slide, which will bring up your first image/animation. All the annotations you and your students made on the blank slide are still there, as well as the image that you just brought up.  You can keep building on this with that same slide.
  3. If none of the above options is flexible enough (they require that you know what images you want to use in advance), you may want to do a desktop or application share and just use another application like Microsoft OneNote in lieu of the whiteboard.   Microsoft OneNote supports a combination of pasting images and typing text on the fly, on the same page, and you can still have your students annotate, while in desktop share,

I hope this gives you some options to play around with. Others on this site may have more ideas.

Good luck!

Susan McEvilly

Meet Me In The Cloud

WebEx Optimization, Coaching and Consulting Services

susan@meetmeinthecloud.com

http://meetmeinthecloud.com

Thanks for the suggestions, Susan.  I'm going to experiment with them.

-Christine

Great suggestions, Susan!

Christine, on #1, you can also do application share, in which case you can just paste an image since you will be working with the powerpoint application itself. Not sure if you want to do that, but that is another workaround.

Shimathu, the application sharing suggestion is a good one. 

What I ended up doing to generate "correct" or "incorrect" on screen replies is as follows:

1. Created my question slides with hidden annimation links at the top of the title bar.
  2. Put a note in the PowerPoint Notes area where each animation was located. (e.g., top left = Good job!, Middle = Oops! Please try again!  When right top was clicked, the correct answer with feedback was displayed).

The animation worked in testing, but did not work when delivering the training (my arrow turned black when I pointed it to the hidden animation).   I'm wondering if it had anything to do with me training from home.

Probably not. It was more likely that the problem was the conversion to UCF when you loaded the ppt into WebEx. Because WebEx converts your slide to a proprietary format you have to be extra careful with any kind of advance functionality in your deck.

You might try the annotation tools, there are check mark and X mark stamps under the shape tool. Certainly not as slick a nice a piece of clip art, but they might fil the gap. The check or x will be your current annotation color.

annotate.png

BTW - For the white board to function they way you describe it would need to be object oriented (manipulate objects after they are placed). The community has been asking for this for a very long time.

Cheers!

-Greg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: