Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCP ver 12 getting started wizzard

PCP is seeing CUCM and IMP already configured. How can I remove PCP configs and use the wizard again to configure CUCM, CUC and IMP

4 Replies 4

Abhishek Tomar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

Startup wizard only used to deploy new Unified Communications applications like CUCM, IMP etc in your network.

If have a already configured server before the deployment of PCP then wizard will not work.

"The wizard allows you to add Unified Communications processors for fresh installs only. The Unified CM Publisher and Subscriber must not be configured before running the Getting Started wizard. To add Unified Communications processors that are already configured, choose the Infrastructure Setup menu. The wizard supports Unified Communications processors 10.5 and above versions."

Refer the link below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/collaboration/12-4/provisioning/Guide/cpco_b_cisco-prime-collaboration-provisioning-guide-12-4/cpco_b_cisco-prime-collaboration-provisioning-guide-12-4_chapter_010.html#concept_7B6E54E941C8467AA275...

Hope this help your query.

The initial setup was not completed as I could not configure CUC as I never understand the proxy user requirement.
I removed all the PCP object in CUCM amd IMP and and PCP still know it was configured before.
I reinstall PCP also. There must be a way to remove traces and run the wizard again without reinstalling the UC application

How you exit from the Wizard.
If you close the wizard , the following options will be displayed:
Return—Click Return to go back to where you had left.
Quit—Click Quit to exit the current wizard. You will not be able to continue from this page when the wizard is restarted. Any configuration that has been made up to this point will remain in the system.
Continue Later—Click Continue Later to continue the wizard from this page later.

Does not matter how I exit. When I start the wizard I keep getting the same message that the processor is already config.
This is poorly designed as with the CUCC I could go back and modify the settings.
This tool was to help with initial day 0 config is to reduce the time to deploy it is not flexible