cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Persistent Chat Rooms Jabber 9.7.1 /w IM&P 10

Ben Morgan
Level 3
Level 3

I have configured a PostgreSQL DB and successfully configured a connection to it with IM&P Server. All check are successful. I have associated the Persistent Chat feature to the DB etc.

I have added the following line into the Jabber-config.xml file to allow the Chat Icon to appear in J4W.

<Persistent_Chat_Enabled>True</Persistent_Chat_Enabled>

However, I'm unsure of how to create a Chat Room? I've searched everywhere, through the IM&P Administration pages, Chat Administrtor Page, through the J4W client window etc.. I can flick through the Chat Room Tabs in J4W and create Filters.. but no chat rooms.

I haven't been able to find too much doco on the persistent chat rooms.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks

Ben

3 Replies 3

bernhardczapp
Level 4
Level 4

Unfortunately (I'm really not making jokes) you can't do this with Cisco Jabber clients.

Use a generic XMPP client like Pidgin or Miranda IM.

Jabber for Windows / Mac is only able to join rooms.

Thanks for your response.

Do you know once a chat room has been created that a Cisco Jabber user can administer the room?

You can only join and leave rooms within the latest available jabber clients.

All features for administration

-is it persistant

-number of messages to dislpay

-password required

-members

eg

Can not be configured. I hope this will be available very soon. It's hard to explain why a 3rd party client has more features than the cisco jabber client....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: