Replies

Phone presence broken from Jabber 11.5.3

Bobby Stojceski
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM Version:  10.5.2

IM&P Version: 10.5.2

Jabber Client version:  From 11.5.3 to 11.6.1

Since Jabber 11.5.3 was released, our phone status/presence has not worked. Jabber will not show "On a call" anymore for anyone using 11.5.3 onwards. However, anyone still using 11.5.2 or older is working OK. Also, anyone using 11.5.3+ is still able to see others on 11.5.2 or older as being on a call.

I raised this with Cisco TAC and so far have been very slow and not very helpful. I have been told about the requirement for a SIP Trunk between CUCM and IM&P but we've had this in place since we first implemented CUCM 2 years ago. I was also told to add a static route to the IM&P nods, pointing to themselves on next hop port 5070. None of this has fixed the issue.

Other than rolling back to 11.5.2 or older, what else can I check? I have checked the SIP Trunk settings against the documentation and all is perfect, including the SIP Security Profile. Service parameters are also good.

Does anyone else have this issue? As a side note, I noticed that setting Jabber to DND does not set the phone to DND. I'm sure this worked some time ago but not sure when that broke too. I'm saying this here in case it could be related at all.

Thanks 

2 Replies 2

daniel.bloom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bobby,

Have you selected the IM&P SIP trunk in the service parameter "IM and Presence Publish Trunk" under System -> Service Parameters -> Pub Node -> Cisco CallManager? I found this setting fixed the issue for us when we upgraded.

Daniel

Beauregano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with the same server version, did you find the solution to that issue ?

Regards.