cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Photo's displaying instead of video from the webcam (Jabber for iPAD, Cisco Meeting Server)

Aleksandr Popov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is it possible to display photo (client application - Jabber for iPAD) when the webcam is turned off during video conferencing based on Cisco Meeting Server?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct, Jabber can only use pictures from AD or web server.

But they're not sent to CMS when you make an audio call because you chose not to send video or your camera is off.

The only way in which I've seen that work is when you install a video/camera application and then use either a picture or a gif as the "video stream" to send.

I had something similar in my lab before, to test video from test virtual machines.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, that is not possible

HTH

java

Thank you! So pity, especially for some of my coworkers, who'd like to have in Jabber some cozy features from Polycom RealPresence )
Does it mean the only photos available for Jabber are contact photos from AD or website? (which can't be used for my purpose - as substitute for realtime video when videoconferencing)

Correct, Jabber can only use pictures from AD or web server.

But they're not sent to CMS when you make an audio call because you chose not to send video or your camera is off.

The only way in which I've seen that work is when you install a video/camera application and then use either a picture or a gif as the "video stream" to send.

I had something similar in my lab before, to test video from test virtual machines.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: