cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Photo URI Substition Broken with 10.5.3

geoff.frock
Level 1
Level 1

We have had contact photos working via a photo URI substitution with 10.0, 10.2, and 10.5.0.  When I upgraded to 10.5.3, the cached photos stayed, but no new photos would update.  If I delete the photo cache folder, all contact pictures are removed.  So I dug into the local logs and it appears that the URI substituion is no longer working properly.

With my previous versions the substitution would correctly convert my photo path to: \jabber\photo\SMITHJ_Thumb.jpg

With 10.5.3 the path is substituing as:  \jabber\photo\sAMAccSMITHJb.jpg

I see this in the logs as well as the DirectoryRSCache file stored on the local machine.  It's keeping the first 6 characters of the token, grabbing the correct Active Directory username, and then adding a 'b' to the end of it.  Since this path doesn't exist, the photo isn't downloaded.

If I clear the local folders and relaunch Jabber, I see the correct jpg's pop into the Photo Cache folder for a split second... they are zero length temp files but have the correct name.  Those are quickly deleted and replaced with a few OutlookRecordSource_raw temp files for a few contacts that come from my Outlook Address Book.

My xml config file has this pertitent configuration:

<Directory>
  <PhotoUriSubstitutionEnabled>true</PhotoUriSubstitutionEnabled>
  <PhotoUriSubstitutionToken>sAMAccountName</PhotoUriSubstitutionToken>
  <PhotoUriWithToken>http://my.company.com/jabber/photo/sAMAccountName_Thumb.jpg</PhotoUriWithToken>
 </Directory>

This occurs on Win7 and Win8 machines.  Presence server is version 8.65.  I did not test with 10.5.1 or 10.5.2.  If I uninstall and install version 10.5.0 on the same machine, with the same credentials, photos work fine.  I've been through the install guide and cannot see any parameters that's changed with this version.

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Your config looks good to me, and if it works in 10.5.0 it's likely that some other bug has been 'fixed' and generated this one. 

I don't see any matching bugs in the DB, so you should raise a case with Cisco and provide them the information you have provided here.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for your reply Aaron.  Actually just came across this bug which is matching my experience and specific to 10.5.2.  It was just updated on Friday. I'm opening a case so that I can be added to this reference. 

Bug CSCus34828 

TAC confirmed the bug and added my case to the list.  I confirmed with them it exists in 10.5.4 as well.  For now, 10.5.1 is the most current working version which is their workaround.

Looks like this is fixed with 10.6.  Tested on Win7 & Win8. 

Glad you have it resolved.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!