cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pizza guy in Jabber 10.5 phone mode

Roger Wiklund
Level 1
Level 1

I'm moving away from CIPC in favor of Jabber phone mode.

Now that hunt group login/logout and call pickup works, all I'm missing is a form of speed dial.

Ideally I'd like to add pizza guys with phone numbers as speed dial. I know that there's no presence server involved, but if you can add custom tabs locally surely you should be able to add contacts as well.

Is this supported or in the road map?

Thanks!

7 Replies 7

Will Pettit
Level 1
Level 1

You can add custom contacts, by just going to the options button and then File>New>Custom Contact. It's been available in earlier releases.

Is this supported in phone mode also? I.E no presence server. I mean there's no contact list. Please see attached screenshot.

Hi,

Could you please tell me how can i update a Speed Dial by using Custom Tab.

Regards,

Waseem Akram

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

Hi ,

Did you get this resolved? We've got Jabber 11.8 in Phone Mode but have no Contacts Tab either.

Richard

Hi,

It did not work for me with phone​ mode. I think you would need im&p to customize jabber further.

Regards,

Waseem

The problem is that the contacts for Corporate contacts are stored in the roster table, and for pizza guy contacts are in the nonpresencecontacts table, BUT, those are stored in the IM&P server, not on CUCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime. It would be nice if this was highlighted in Cisco docs to save us time trying to make something work that won't. 

Thanks for the confirmation

Rich

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: