Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime collaboration provisioning upgrade

@Syed
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All,

One of my clients wants to upgrade prime collaboration provisioning 10.6 to the latest version (assuming 12.5 is the latest).

Can I upgrade directly from 10.x to 12.x?

What are the perquisites and procedures that I should be looking at?

Since, I have not worked on Prime Collaboration much, any videos/documents on upgrading procedure will be a great help.

Thank you in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I believe the latest releases now use smart licensing.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you started by reviewing the product documentation from cisco.com??

Most usually there's an install & upgrade guide or the RN contain some of that information.

HTH

java

Thank you for your reply.

i found the proper path to upgrade.

i have a question regarding licenses, when I upgrade to 12.x version I think I need new licenses for this version.

Can I install the new licenses directly on the 12.x server or it should through smart license and vitual account.

thank you

I believe the latest releases now use smart licensing.

HTH

java

Thank you for your response, Jaime.

Yes, it uses smart licensing.

I have avoided whole upgrade process and built new VM with 12.6 version directly and I was successful on that part, but I am facing a challenge here that is I could be able to login to PCP through GUI with 'globaladmin' as username and the password that I set during installation but the same login credentials are not working on CLI , it says invalid login.

May I know how to reset the CLI password? or Does it have a default username and password?

CLI has been disabled in version 12, check the admin guide