Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Privileges/(priority) for Jabber end users in CUCM

Hello!

How can I set the privileges of some end users in CUCM / IM&P so that some end users can not be found and to receive messages from end users with lower classes / ranks?

End users are configured only for Jabber messaging and they have no associated device.

For example: Company directors can not receive messages from any employee, but can only be found and received Jabber messages from certain privileged managers.

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to buy a 3rd party system that includes ethical wall to achieve that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you!!

But..I only implemented the messaging service, just that I need, so for each end user we did not associate any device. For messaging I do not need any licenses

Ethical Wall involves calls between end users, so associated devices, licenses. I do not need calls, I just want messaging.

I think what is needed is a rank setting, roles .. but how?

No, you're talking about calling privileges, not ethical wall, IM&P and DOES NOT have anything to do what you want.

You need a 3rd party product to do what you're asking, read here:

https://www.verba.com/comparing-jabber-im-compliance-options/

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Many thanks!

For Verba Compliance Server I need to purchase a installation license... So I quit this solution.

I'm trying to solve messaging permissions by setting up the following parameters in CUCM and IM&P:

• BLF Presence
  • Access Control Groups
  • Roles
  • User Rank

What do you think?

All the best!!