cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem receiving missed call notifications and contact info while DND is on, or while on a call

PPhot
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

A user has reported that sometimes when he has DND on, or while he is on a call, the popup notification does not include the caller info only his extension although the caller is in his contact list. 

And a lot of the times there is no record of the missed call in the Calls tab. Note that this happens when he is working from home using VPN.

This issue was first noticed in version 12.8.2 but still occurs in 12.9.1 .

I have cross checked his AD, CUCM (user,device,presence) configuration with others and it seems correct.

Did anyone face similar issues or has any suggestions what to check?    

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your assumption that because a user is in your contact list the info should show up is wrong, Jabber uses the directory source to map the DN to a name, that's why it works even for users you do not have in your contact list.

You would need to gather a PRT from the moment it fails to analyze it, along with CUCM traces to match the information and figure out what is going on.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your assumption that because a user is in your contact list the info should show up is wrong, Jabber uses the directory source to map the DN to a name, that's why it works even for users you do not have in your contact list.

You would need to gather a PRT from the moment it fails to analyze it, along with CUCM traces to match the information and figure out what is going on.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. By contact list I was refering to the Directory. 

Could you please provide steps for troubleshooting?

Sorry for asking but I'm a noob.  

Java did that in his reply.

"You would need to gather a PRT from the moment it fails to analyze it, along with CUCM traces to match the information and figure out what is going on."

Response Signature

PPhot
Level 1
Level 1

Hello again,

I have never done this so I had to do a bit of research.

Just a quick question.

The user with with issue uses a CSF device to make and receive calls as he is working from home.

Is there a way to collect PRTs  from CSF devices or will I use the Jabber logs? 

CSF is Jabber, so yes you would use this log. You would need to instruct the end user to collect the PRT and provide that to you.

Response Signature