cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems Problems with jabber camera.

killroy
Level 1
Level 1

We got severel HP 2170P laptops (Not all) that the built in camera doesnt work in Jabber. The camera works in other videoprograms like skype and samtime.

Tested different videodrivers that works for other and the same HP  modells (Sonix 5.8.50060.0 and 6.0.1113.1).

Anyone any ide?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can you try using windows own video driver

- Quit Jabber Video.

- Bring up Windows' Device Manager.

- Select "HP Webcam" under "Imaging devices" and go to the "Driver" tab.

- Click the "Update Driver" button.

- Select "Browse my computer for driver software".

- Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

- This should give you two options: "HP Webcam" and "USB Video Device". "HP Webcam" is the Sonix driver currently in use. "USB Video Device" is Windows' own, generic, driver. Select "USB Video Device".

- If you don't see these two options, uncheck "Show compatible hardware", find "Microsoft" in the "Manufacturer" list and select "USB Video Device" from the "Model" list.

- Finish the driver installation.

- Start Jabber Video.

Check if that works

HTH,

Christos

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Can you try using windows own video driver

- Quit Jabber Video.

- Bring up Windows' Device Manager.

- Select "HP Webcam" under "Imaging devices" and go to the "Driver" tab.

- Click the "Update Driver" button.

- Select "Browse my computer for driver software".

- Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

- This should give you two options: "HP Webcam" and "USB Video Device". "HP Webcam" is the Sonix driver currently in use. "USB Video Device" is Windows' own, generic, driver. Select "USB Video Device".

- If you don't see these two options, uncheck "Show compatible hardware", find "Microsoft" in the "Manufacturer" list and select "USB Video Device" from the "Model" list.

- Finish the driver installation.

- Start Jabber Video.

Check if that works

HTH,

Christos

Thx it made my day.

It Works. Thx........But why?

There is a known issue with the driver of several HP models. This driver doesn't work very well with jabber with jabber so the workaround is to just use the native windows driver. If I am not mistaken this driver is created by Sonix and distributed via HP

Good to know it worked

Christos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: