cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Productivity Tools for Outlook MAC 2016

Philip Kiser
Level 4
Level 4

I have a question...   When will Productivity tools be available for Outlook MAC 2016?

The beta for outlook 2016 has been out since March 5, 2015!  https://blogs.office.com/2015/03/05/office-2016-mac-preview/

It seems that Webex would have started on these tools around that time frame in anticipation for the release.  I really hope we do not have to wait until 2016 to get these tools as they are essential for productivity.

Thanks in advance,

-Philip

11 Replies 11

matt.dimich
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also interested in this!

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

Philip,

I encourage you to check out this post in the Community for more information.

Re: When will WebEx Tool for Mac support Outlook 2016?

Kelli Glass

Moderator for Cisco Customer Communities

Kelly,

I don’t see anything posted on the internal Cisco communities page? As far as I can tell WebEx has not adequately addressed the issue with any sort of timeline or announcement for this essential productivity tool.

-Philip

Kelli,

It looks like the other discussion was shut down. I also do not see any adequate communication from WebEx regarding timelines for the productivity toolset to be updated for Outlook 2016 for Mac. This is very concerning. This productivity toolset is essential for utilizing WebEx within a corporate environment.

Thank you,

Philip Kiser

Philip,

Because this question addresses roadmap issues, which we don't discuss in this public space, we’re taking the discussion to our private Customer Connection Program forums. This program is open only to Cisco customers and partners whose companies do not compete with Cisco. A confidentiality agreement must be accepted as a condition of membership. If you meet this criteria and would like to chat more about WebEx for Mac/Outlook 2016, please apply to join the Customer Connection Program here: http://www.cisco.com/go/ccp (it’s complimentary).

If you are a member of the CCP already, then you can access the discussion here:

When will WebEx Tool for Mac support Outlook 2016?

Are there any updates?

When will this be out?

Tried access and get the following error:

Access to this place or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here.

Been waiting a while for this productivity tool now.

Shone,

You will need to join the Cisco Customer Connection Program and qualify as a member before you have access to that link. FYI, the WebEx Productivity Tools for Mac Outlook 2016 early adopter trial is happening now. Join the CCP today to qualify for the trial and access to the product team and software download.

Kelli Glass

I've just wasted half an hour trying to find any reference to the Mac Outlook 2016 plugin (or lack thereof) after registering as a customer in the CCP.

This is really a terrible user experience.  Either say it's not being supported, or give a direct link so customers can see status.  Don't keep avoiding the question by posting some generic link to a customer portal that isn't actually helpful to customers.

Jeff, this is generally available now and you don't need any special access. Just go to the download section of your webex site.

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 09.16.03.png

Jeff,

I'm sorry you are having trouble navigating the Cisco Customer Connection Program space. Since you already registered for the CCP, you will just need to sign up for the WebEx Productivity Tools for Mac space to access the latest software build.

Private - CCP Pre-release Trials

Access the space here:

https://communities.cisco.com/community/technology/customer-connection/ccp-private/ccp-collaboration/webex-pt

I hope this helps.

Kelli Glass