Views
Helpful
Replies

PSTN BACKUP WHEN WAN FAILURE

mdrangell22
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have configured some SIP TRUNKs and works well. My question is if there is a way where if my wan failure the calls could re route through PSTN?

I was reading AAR but it says that this options is used only when Location CAC isn't sufficent.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Depending on what protocol you use on the PSTN VGW you could do it on it with voice translation rules. You can also do it in CM on the RL/RG details or with transformation patterns.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Yes you can do that. For this you would need to add the RG that the PSTN VGW is in as the second option in the RL used and make sure that the called and calling number format is set to what ever your PSTN connection require.

Response Signature

Hello 

Ok I understand about to add gw to pstn as secound option but what about the digit manipulation in this case?

Because numbers by wan are simple example 1XXX and you should know this are complety different in pstn where the numbers begin with 9 

Depending on what protocol you use on the PSTN VGW you could do it on it with voice translation rules. You can also do it in CM on the RL/RG details or with transformation patterns.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: