Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Quiet install Jabber 10.5 for Windows

Hi all I´m trying  to install Jabber for windows without any user intervetion.

I used this one.

msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi CLEAR=1 /quiet

but there´s no installation.

if I erase /quiet option, I have to clic "next" twice to start the instalation.

I am asking this because it is  planned to perform bulk installation through GPO policy and the Windows Administrator is asking for auto-installable package.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Jonas  

5 Replies 5

Franklin Valdez
Level 1
Level 1

I think it would be best to use the JabberVideo.msi installer

This worked for me JabberVideo.msi /qn

If you're trying to deploy the Jabber UC client and still having problems, then you should pose your question to the Jabber Pilot forum. This forum is specific to Jabber Guest.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/4551/jabber-pilot-support

FSBITNinja
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jonas,

What I was able to do to silently install Jabber for Windows was to use an MSI manipulator like Orca or Installshield 2014 to create a Transform (*.MST) file that contains all the syntax the installer needs, but you are on the right track. 

You need to set your server information in your syntax, so for example:

msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi CLEAR=1 AUTHENTICATOR=CUP CUP_ADDRESS=yourcompanyservername /qn   

AUTHENTICATOR is the type of server (CUP is Cisco Unified Presense)

CUP_ADDRESS is the property to set the server name/IP address.  

/qn is the quiet syntax (or use /qb! to get a semi quiet popup on screen that hides the cancel button. Users can see what's going on, but can't stop it)

For more details regarding how to setup the installer silently, visit this page:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/10_5/CJAB_BK_D6497E98_00_deployment-installation-guide-ciscojabber/CJAB_BK_D6497E98_00_deployment-installation-guide-ciscojabber_chapter_01010.html

Hope that helps

FSBITNinja

stevericks
Level 1
Level 1

For jabber 9.2.2, I used Altiris to do a silent install.

msiexec.exe /I CiscoJabberSetup.msi /norestart /qn TYPE=CUP ADDRESS=10.224.1.21 DOMAIN=yourdomain.com LANGUAGE=1033 

Steve

scheived
Level 3
Level 3

Ever find a solution to install jabber?  There is mention of GPO in the deployment guide unfortunately it doesn't work.