cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Unknown file format" in Network Recording Player (PC)

jachtenberg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm new to WebEx and trying to do some editing on .arf recordings created by a coworker.  I have a persistent issue that we can't seem to find a solution for.  Any help would be gold.

Short summary:  I have Network Recording Player on both PC (version 2.31) and Mac (Version 29.9.2.10068).

I can open the .arf files on Mac but can't do any conversion (the option isn't available). On Network Recording Player on PC, which should be able to open and convert, I get the error: "Unknown file format.  You may update your Network Recording Player and try again."

As far as I know, the NRP on PC is the latest version.  What's going on?

I have also seen mentions of other solutions in the discussions.  Has anyone had success with any other methods?

Cheers,

Jesse

PC:  Windows 7 Enterprise, Intel Core 2 2.83 GHz Quad

Mac: OSX 10.6.8, 2x2.93 Intel Xeon Quad

21 Replies 21

That Works for me.

Many Thanks.

stork.hunt1
Level 1
Level 1

I guess within 2015, they rolled out their Support Center to Help Central, and I can't seem to find the Downloads section. I have the same error as described by OP. I'm going to continue navigating the newly formatted site and see if I can find the new location of the downloads page. Hopefully someone can assist me.

EDIT: WebEx Player: Watch, share, and edit WebEx recordings. looks like this is the page. Will confirm it's an up-to-date download and the problem is resolved.

Your downloads (like the recording editor, player etc) should always be available on your site itself, not on help.webex.com.

Go to your site

Login

Click Support Center

Expand "Support" (left menu)

Click "Downloads"

This should take you to all downloads applicable to Support Center, including a link to the recording tools.

Jivan Bista
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have same issue. Please follow below steps to download software. please uninstall old one first.

Latest version for windows is 31.3.1.11

DON't download software from webex pagehttps://www.webex.com/play-webex-recording.html

WebEx Player: Watch, share, and edit WebEx recordings.

Solution:

If you have a WebEx Host account, to download the WebEx Player:

****NOTE**** To ensure best possible compatibility, hosts should only use the player available from their own WebEx site.

1. Log in to your company's WebEx site. (Example: SITENAME.webex.com)
  2. Click one of the service tabs in the upper menu bar. (Example: Meeting Center, Training Center, Event Center, etc).
  3. From the left side menu, click Support > Downloads.
  4. Under Recorders and Players, click the Recording and Playback link.
  5. Download and install the appropriate player for your system.

Thank you very much, it's working! 35 minutes to solve this problem :-)

Thank you! Your instructions are clear and the solution works!

It's unfortunate that link hasn't been updated. It's where people end up if they search the web for how to play .arf files. So much time wasted!

aravva
Level 1
Level 1

I followed the instructions in this page and it worked. Knowledge Base - My Resources