cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording closed captions

joejackson0001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - is there any way to record a WebEx session with closed captions?  I know that it can't be done with network based recordings (arf files) but not sure if it will work with the standard webex recorder (wrf file)?  Does anyone know if this will work?

Thanks,

Joe

Message was edited on June 5, 2013: Kelli Glass, Cisco Collaboration Community moderator, added community categories and tags for greater ease in filtering posts (no change to content).

2 Replies 2

Susan McEvilly
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Joe,

Here's my take on your question.  Others may have additional thoughts and suggestions for you:

The closed captioning panel is nicely captured in your WebEx recording if you record off the server as a .wrf file, just as you have suggested.

To get a nice, clean recording that contains closed captions, the Host should enable an attendee who is NOT the person typing the captions, to record.  That way you'll get just the published, final captions in your recording and not all the keyboard strokes. 

Have the attendee who is doing the recording close all unnecessary panels in his/her meeting room to make the Closed Captions panel as long as possible for ease of reading.  Once the recording is done, you can use the WebEx editor to edit your file, if needed, and upload the recording to your WebEx site for viewing by others.

Good luck!

Susan McEvilly

Meet Me In The Cloud.com

Matt_Wynd
Level 1
Level 1

Similar question. Is there a way to reveal Live Auto-captions in Webex Meeting recordings made in .mp4 format?