Views
Helpful
Replies

Redirect call after greeting with number manipulation

Support Albakom
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I need some hints to configure following scenario.

Somebody calls number old directory number 11. This call will be transfererred to Unity Connection system call handler. There is a greeting. After greeting action should be transfer the call back to cucm to e.g. a new directory number 211. For one number I can realize this. But there are some more. And there is no design in relation old DN to new DN. Every time a call to old DN, the greeting should be played, after that transfer the call to the new DN. Maybe better in UCCX with a file, it contains the matching numbers?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yeah, I'm not able to visualize a way in CUC to handle this at scale. UCCX would definitely be my choice. You don't really need a file either, you could just hold a mapping table like this:

Variables

java.util.HashMap mappings = {
    java.util.HashMap m = new java.util.HashMap();

/* Format is: Old Number, New Number, and you can add as many as you want */ m.put("1000", "2003"); m.put("1001", "3014"); m.put("1002", "5040");
return m; } String called_number = "" String target_number = ""

Script

Start
Accept (--Triggering Contact--)
Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, P[my_greeting.wav]) called_number = Get Call Contact Info (--Triggering Contact--, Called Number) If (mappings.containsKey(called_number)) True Set target_number = (String) mappings.get(called_number) False Set target_number = called_number Call Redirect (--Triggering Contact--, to target_number) Successful
Set Contact Info (--Triggering Contact--, handled)
End

EDIT: Just realized I incorrectly was referring to the Calling Number in my initial solution.  I have since updated it to Called Number.

View solution in original post

Here is a screenshot, and attached is a v12 script sample.

Keep in mind that in order for this to work, you need to create a Trigger in UCCX for each of the old numbers, and UCCX CSS needs to be able to dial the new numbers.  E.g., if you map extension 211 to 323, then 211 is a Trigger and 323 is reachable by UCCX.

uccx-old-to-new-mapping-with-greeting.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yeah, I'm not able to visualize a way in CUC to handle this at scale. UCCX would definitely be my choice. You don't really need a file either, you could just hold a mapping table like this:

Variables

java.util.HashMap mappings = {
    java.util.HashMap m = new java.util.HashMap();

/* Format is: Old Number, New Number, and you can add as many as you want */ m.put("1000", "2003"); m.put("1001", "3014"); m.put("1002", "5040");
return m; } String called_number = "" String target_number = ""

Script

Start
Accept (--Triggering Contact--)
Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, P[my_greeting.wav]) called_number = Get Call Contact Info (--Triggering Contact--, Called Number) If (mappings.containsKey(called_number)) True Set target_number = (String) mappings.get(called_number) False Set target_number = called_number Call Redirect (--Triggering Contact--, to target_number) Successful
Set Contact Info (--Triggering Contact--, handled)
End

EDIT: Just realized I incorrectly was referring to the Calling Number in my initial solution.  I have since updated it to Called Number.

I think also UCCX would be the better way..

Hi again, I'm not so firm in UCCX editor. How to script this?

I can upload a script for you. What version of UCCX do you have?

That would be great! UCCX is 12.0.1. Many thanks in advance!

Here is a screenshot, and attached is a v12 script sample.

Keep in mind that in order for this to work, you need to create a Trigger in UCCX for each of the old numbers, and UCCX CSS needs to be able to dial the new numbers.  E.g., if you map extension 211 to 323, then 211 is a Trigger and 323 is reachable by UCCX.

uccx-old-to-new-mapping-with-greeting.png

Thank you very much!