cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Register Cisco 7821 to Spark

davideturner99
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 7821 IP Phone that was registered to a Cisco Call Manager.  How do I change the OS to Spark OS so that I can register to our Spark Calling System?

Thank you,

David Turner

3 Replies 3

Tim Cappel
Level 5
Level 5

Hey David,

In the Spark admin portal, the admin should be able to initiate a QR or 16 digit code tied to a user that when entered into the provisioning wizard of the phone will register it to Spark.  Also the user can do this from the Self Service portal.  The phone has to be on a current version of code for it to have the ability to do the provisioning wizard.  Hope this helps.

miro@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

David,

you can also get the phone guide from here: Cisco Spark | Use Cisco Spark Call Features on Your Ci...

If your phone was registered to CUCM previously, it will depend on your phone firmware version which was pushed

from the version of your CUCM. You can try to reset phone in to factory default and if that does not work, you may need to download latest firmware and upgrade to latest firmware.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: