cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing licenses in Webex Meeting Server

KalturianSean
Level 1
Level 1

I am the System administrator using the CWMS system and I am able to reserve licenses for users but, I cannot remove the licenses for user who no longer need a license or who transition out of the company. Could you please assist?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The user needs to be deactivated to release the license. Prior to CWMS 2.5 it was calculated monthly but starting 2.5 once a host license gets assigned you have to deactivate the user to release the license.

Ref: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_5/Administration_Guide/Administration_Guide/Administration_Guide_chapter_010001.html#reference_80894D86484D4098A16198B2145B327F

Permanent Host License—An installed Host license purchased to allow a user to host meetings that is assigned to that user the first time that person hosts a meeting. A Host license can be manually assigned to a user by an administrator; a user does not have to wait to host a meeting to be assigned a license. If there is a user with a Grace license and a Permanent Host license becomes available, either by removal of a host or the purchase of additional Permanent Host licenses, the permanent license is assigned to the host with a Grace license.

In version 2.5, a user never consumes more than one Permanent Host license and can host a maximum of two meetings at the same time. Also, a Permanent Host license is released for use by another host only when the user of that license is deactivated (as opposed to version 2.0 where the licenses of hosts that do not host meetings for a period of time are released).

I can see from the above you have LDAP integration and disabled the user - is this not releasing the license. How long its been since you have disabled this user?

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The user needs to be deactivated to release the license. Prior to CWMS 2.5 it was calculated monthly but starting 2.5 once a host license gets assigned you have to deactivate the user to release the license.

Ref: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_5/Administration_Guide/Administration_Guide/Administration_Guide_chapter_010001.html#reference_80894D86484D4098A16198B2145B327F

Permanent Host License—An installed Host license purchased to allow a user to host meetings that is assigned to that user the first time that person hosts a meeting. A Host license can be manually assigned to a user by an administrator; a user does not have to wait to host a meeting to be assigned a license. If there is a user with a Grace license and a Permanent Host license becomes available, either by removal of a host or the purchase of additional Permanent Host licenses, the permanent license is assigned to the host with a Grace license.

In version 2.5, a user never consumes more than one Permanent Host license and can host a maximum of two meetings at the same time. Also, a Permanent Host license is released for use by another host only when the user of that license is deactivated (as opposed to version 2.0 where the licenses of hosts that do not host meetings for a period of time are released).

I can see from the above you have LDAP integration and disabled the user - is this not releasing the license. How long its been since you have disabled this user?

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

To add to Terry's detailed answer, when a user with permanent license is deactivated, that license won't be automatically assigned to someone else (e.g. new user, user with a grace licenses, etc.). That license will be available and will be added to the number of available licenses, but only Administrator will have the right to assign that permanent license to someone else by going to the user profile of that new user, and click on Reserve license.

-Dejan

Terry\Dejan,

I currently have the same problem at my site- inactive users still have permanent licenses reserved in their profiles . I got deactivation dates for about 5 different users 12/14/15, 12/28/15, 1/7/16, 10/2/15, 12/8/15.

Is there a way one can reclaim these license from inactive hosts?\

Thanks in adavnce for your help 

Regards

Hi,

When you deactivate a user, it will still show that the permanent licenses is installed for that user (in User list), however, the total count of available licenses will increase by one. Such license that became available by user deactivation will need to be MANUALLY assigned to someone else. Hence, just go to a new user you want to assign a permanent licenses to, and click on "Reserve License" and click Save. 

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

What happen if we activate user which de-activated (that user has host license before deactivated)? Does that user consume host license again? 

i  Am also facing same issue , here is the screen shot , a new WebEx user is getting a license error .

Can any One Help or comment , i  have 60 user License , and rels is 2.8 and recently upgraded from old version .

webex error.JPG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: