Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restore Jabber Chat History after reset

Hello,

I made a reset of Jabber because of a presence issue by not getting synchronized with Outlook.

It didn't work but I lost the chat history. I can see the .html logs in c:\users\%user%\Documents\MyJabberChats\email-of-user\year-month-day\.....html file

But how can I added them again in Jabber Chat Window?

Many thanks for your proposals!

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't think there's any way in which you can do that, the chat history is really a .db file stored in the appdata folder, they're not .html files, those just might be the ones you manually saved (but those are not used by Jabber)

When you do the reset, you remove all of the data that was stored in cache.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

This even if I used Postgresql Database to store chat history !!!
I am Using Postgresql and its working fine now ( Save Copy from chat to DB )
Question here , there is any available option to can retrieve this chat history to jabber clients after reset ?

BR

The chat history you see is stored locally in your machine in a DB, you can only retrieve messages from the external DB for persistent chat rooms.

HTH

java

This mean there is no way to make users able to retrieve User History from My Postgresql DB Machine and its function only to store copy from all users chat history , is this right ??

also other question 
there is any way for me as admin to can run query to extract any user chat history from Postgresql DB machine to can create .db file like one stored on user PC after resetting Jabber Client to can restore Chat History Manually 

Correct, the local chat history will not sync from the external DB, and there is no documented procedure for your second question, so the answe is, no.

HTH

java

.S Ravens
Level 1
Level 1

Easy enough...

• exit Jabber
  • Navigate to C:\users\username\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\History and find your database file [user@company.com.db]
  • Right click on file and select "Restore previous versions"
  • restore the most recent database file available back to the above directory
  • restart Jabber
  • enjoy

That's really about it on this one. `\_o_/'

Excellent. I was able to restore chat messages up to the point that the .db file was saved. Thanks

Please rate all useful posts

Really straight solution to fix the issue.

When I select "Restore previous versions" ther is no previous version...

Before I reset Jabber I've saved the History folder.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: