Views
Helpful
Replies

Restrict PSTN calls for Jabber VPN users

Yasir@1995
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

I would like to restrict the PSTN calling facility for jabber VPN users. Is there any way to achieve that? 

The same user should be able to make PSTN calls when he login from Office Network.

1 Accepted Solution
6 Replies 6

Vishal1551
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Yasi bhai,

have you got the solution of this issue, if yes please help me out to the same.

Hello Vishal,

We have configured it as per the documentation, but it is not working now. We are troubleshooting the same, Once it started working will let you know. 

Device Mobility is a somewhat tricky and sometimes hard to grasp concept. Are you fulfilling this?

image.png

Only if the device is identified as roaming, meaning that the IP is has when connecting via the VPN does not belong to a Device Mobility Info (DMI) that is associated with the device pools (DP) set in the device configuration and that the resulting roaming DP and the original device DP is within the same Device Mobility Group (DMG).

image.png

If this is true it will use the CSS set in Device Mobility Calling Search Space under Device Mobility Related Information section on the roaming DP.

image.png

The roaming DP is identified based on the IP that is defined in a DMI and associated with the DP.

You can check on the device in Phone configuration in CM if the device is determined as roaming by looking at Device Mobility Mode - View Current Device Mobility Settings.

image.png

In my specific example I have manually turned off device mobility as this phone is MRA registered and I want it to maintain the settings specifically set on the device in the phone configuration. For you this would either be set to Default or On, with Default you'll be using the value set on the service parameter.

image.png

Response Signature

Dear Team,

Now we are able to block PSTN calls when a user logged in through a VPN. 

We have removed the CSS from the Line page of the device and applied it to the device page.

Great to hear that you have managed to get this working for you. It’s sort of a given that device mobility would affect settings on the device level, given the name of the feature. So if you where to use the line CSS to route calls it would not be affected by whatever you do with device settings, hence device mobility would not be affecting anything. Glad that you made that connection as well.

Response Signature